I am now 13 weeks along now. Fortunately the nausea has mostly gone away and I have a bit more energy. Sometimes I almost forget I am pregnant (until I get extreme hunger, the daily afternoon heartburn, or I glance in the mirror seeing my growing belly!)I had a dr. appointment last week and everything is progressing fine. This is the latest scan - near the baby's mouth you can see the little hands.
We haven't shared this exciting news with Ruby because she is really too young to understand. I can't wait to see her reaction to having a new baby in the house though!
This past weekend I went to our neighborhood garage sales and found a crib, double stroller, 2 baby swings and a bouncer seat. So, we're starting to get the gear that we need.
The nursery is a peach/apricot color and the crib is black so I think it will be a uniquely beautiful color combo/decor. I may end up sewing the crib bumper and curtains.
We likely won't know the gender until June sometime. A chinese gender predictor said boy. At my last scan the heartbeat was 157 (which is much faster than the 130 or so it was at the 9 week scan...so not sure how that works with the old wives tale about predicting gender from the heartbeat). And some say cravings indicate one gender or another...I've been craving meat, cheese and savory things which is supposed to indicate boy. I've heard of a baking soda test and the ring on a string test. I still need to give those a try.