Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ruby Vocabulary update - Video

Ruby has really been expanding her vocabulary lately.

Words she can say (at least to some extent, speaking the first sound or two, while motioning toward the object intently) include:

Mama, Dadda, duck, (ba)nana, nigh(t) nigh(t), ball, book, bird, balloon, blueberry (said as 'buh buh' excitedly), belly button (sounds like buh buh buh as she points to her own and mine), bye-bye, baby, bow, wheel, (f)ish, sh(oe), peek (a) boo, meow, moo and ee-ii-ee-ii-o.

Here she is saying ee-ii-ii-o...



And then, you can tell here I'm trying to get her to finish old mac donald, but she just started playing with the cars saying 'wheel.' (She loves my old hot wheels collection!). I find it strange that she chose to learn the word 'wheel' over many other words. I think she picked it up from singing 'wheels on the bus' which is one of her favorites!

Contributors