Wednesday, August 04, 2010

It's offical - Smelly Cat is the 'special' thing to cuddle with

Alex's sister, Kate, gave Ruby this gray cat several months ago. It has been the favorite for some time. I try to give it to Ruby only at bedtime, but sometimes she sees it in her crib and meows at it until I get it out for her (good thing it is a cat and not something obscure like a moose, ant eater or a sloth!). I guess we could call it 'Meow' since that is what she says when she sees or wants it, or is chatting with it. But Alex and I call it Smelly Cat. The reason is that it's tag says Jelly Cat, which sounds like Smelly Cat which is a song that Phoebe sung on friends at one time. Silly I know.

When she is in a hugging mood, Ruby will tackle her cat on the ground, hug it and meow at it. It is so cute.




Here she is as adorable as can be in her footed pajamas carrying her special friend by its neck.






To be safe, we ordered Smelly Cat's twin online. It arrived last week. It is packed away in case we lose Smelly Cat number one.

I think Ruby was slightly confused when we handed her the old one and the new one at once.

Contributors