Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ruby at play

Here's a glimpse into where Ruby plays day to day.

We are fortunate to have a large gameroom upstairs where we can leave toys out all the time. There is lots of wide open space for balls, push toys and wrestling with daddy!

We have a bookshelf right next to the rocking chair and Ruby pulls all the books off and looks at them. I used to pick them up after every day, but now I've decided to just leave them!

Here are a few of Ruby's favorite books.

Here's Ruby's bedroom. It is hard to tell in this light, but the room really glows with a beautiful lavender color. I love it! On the left hand wall I put up 12 of my favorite pictures of Ruby from the last year. On the right hand side you can see the little lamp where I hot glued on the pom pom trim.

Ruby is still showing some interest in her activity tables. They are a perfect fit in this corner. Eventually we will probably move her little kitchen out here. She loves to 'de-gut her dragon' (as daddy says) and take all colorful balls out of it.


Here's one of Ruby's favorite perches. The window is the perfect height for spotting birds, the garbage truck, daddy mowing the yard and people walking their dogs. I line up all her little people and animals here so she can chat with them too.

Contributors