Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Night Night Ruby

Our evening routine is:

* Ruby dinner at 6 pm (Alex and I have started eating dinner after she goes to bed...much more peaceful that way!)
* Then milk
* Brushing teeth while I sing the 'Teefers' song I created
* Cuddles with mama in the rocking chair with cat and blanket
* Then I tell Ruby it is time for sleep. She does this little wave when I say 'sleep' almost acknowleding that it is time for bed. I have been singing her a little song that goes, 'Night Night Ruby, Night night Ruby, Night night Ruby so glad you came to play. Night night Ruby, Night night Ruby, Night night Ruby, it's time to go to sleep.' (Something I adapted from a song we learned at storytime).

Just yesterday when I told her it was time for sleep, on her own, unprompted she said something that sounded a lot like 'night night.'

Contributors