Monday, July 18, 2011

Nursery fabrics

When we bought our house my brother helped us to paint several rooms. We painted one of the upstairs bedrooms a peach/apricot color, hoping that it would be a room for baby number 2 eventually. Well, now that I'm pregnant with a boy I faced the challenge of making that peach room look boyish, and also the challenge of finding blue and peach bedding.

Well, I didn't find anything already made in the stores or online, so I decided I would create my own. So, I set out to find fabric. I couldn't find any that blended peach and blue in a nice way...so I decided to make my own material by semi-quilting some different fabrics together.

I bought 6 different fabrics, all varying patterns of white and baby blue, or white and peach...dots, stripes, gingham. I cut them into strips and sewed curtains, a bedskirt and two pillows over the course of 2 months during Ruby's naptimes. I added some black ric rac to tie in with the black furniture in the room. I am so proud of the way everything came out.

Pictures of the nursery coming soon once we get everything else in there.

Contributors