Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ruby is now 22 months old!

Ruby is now 22 months old! When people ask how old she is, I just go ahead and say 'nearly 2'!

She is such a smart little sweetheart. When we are out and about we often get comments that she has a strong vocabulary for her age.

I think the most significant recent developmental change is that Ruby is really learning her tastes and how to express them. And while we do hear 'no' every now and then, the surprising thing is how often we hear the positive phrases, 'okay' or 'I like it.' Ruby lets us know when she enjoys things or gets excited about them. If I can make a rational argument with her she oftentimes agrees and says 'okay.' A few examples of 'likes' include: pistacios, ice cream, cupcakes, the Snow White movie, the Finding Nemo movie, her miniature fish toys, the playground, and being allowed to shake a multitude of mama's spices into a bowl and cook 'freely' (or make a mess rather). There are many others, but I just can't remember them all.

While Ruby does encounter things that scare her along the way (the balloon machine at party city, the weedeater noise, and walking on snow), overall she is becomming a very gentle and confident girl who loves new experiences and spending time with her friends.

Every day I feel so lucky to have her as my daughter.

Contributors