Thursday, October 06, 2011

Video Monitor


We've always had an audio monitor for Ruby, but after a rather messy (and rather humorous) incident where she removed her own dirty diaper while I thought she was napping, we decided to upgrade to a video monitor.

She, of course, noticed the new addition to her room very quickly. I just keep telling her it is just a flashlight and to leave it alone.

It is great because I can see what she up to when she is supposedly napping, or what she does when she wakes up first thing in the morning. Another nice benefit is that I can watch as Alex reads Ruby her bedtime books, and sings to her at night. We've observed tea parties, babydoll feedings, dress up time, and her rolling out of bed twice.

It is very entertaining and hopefully will prevent another messy diaper episode, or at least help me minimize it.

Contributors