Last week Ruby started at a 2 day a week mother's day out preschool.Such a cutie!
She was excited to wear her backpack and carry her own lunchbox.



She walked right into her classroom and started playing before Alex and I could even say goodbye. She is very confident and comfortable in new situations, so I was happy about this. But, at the same time Alex and I both got a little teary eyed because there she was on her own, growing up, becoming more independent, spending the day away from us. Even though it isn't full time day care it was a big day for her...her first introduction to schedules, discipline from other adults, waiting til snacktime for a snack, napping on a napmat, meeting all new kids. But she did fine and the teachers even got her to take a nap (which amazed me).
Proud daddy with Ruby.

Update: after just one week of school I have already seen two positive changes in Ruby. She is much more helpful picking up her toys (and even did it without me asking once) and is much more cooperative getting her diaper changed. I thought she would come home with bad habits learned from other kids, but none so far. I think there are a good group of kids in her class.