I had a 28 week dr. appointment yesterday which included an ultrasound, blood test, glucose test, etc.
I got to see baby boy Macnab. The sonogram tech was doing all the measurements and said, 'oh, baby is 4 pounds.' This was a bit of a startling fact, given that the average weight at 28 weeks is 2.25 pounds. So, this boy is nearly double the average for this stage, and weighing about 4 or so weeks ahead. Now, it could be that he just hit a growth spurt early and it will even out, or it could be a sign of what is to come...a huge baby! Good thing I'm having a c-section and don't have to really worry about this!
With this whole pregnancy I have told the dr. and nurse not to tell me my weight unless it is a problem or cause for concern. And so far the only comment I have heard from my ob on this topic is 'you are all baby,' which is a really nice, positive thing to hear when you are 7 months pregnant. Anyways, personally I feel great about how I look at this stage. You wouldn't know I have a giant in there, at least for now.