Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ruby is 20 months old now!

I told someone the other day that Ruby was 20 months old and they said, 'Oh, nearly 2 years old then.' WOW! I can't believe she is growing up so fast!

Nearly every day she is surprising us with a new skill or word. A few new things Ruby is doing...

Can say many many words now (I've lost count!). She knows some of her shapes (ball, moon, star and heart) and is learning her colors (the other day she surprised me by calling out the orange and pink colors of some balloons in our house...without me ever telling her what colors they were). Loves music and tries to dance and jump to all kinds of tunes. Can do the moves to 'I'm a little teapot.' She started singing parts of twinkle twinkle in the backseat of the car recently (this melted my heart). Cooking is another favorite pasttime (with water, acorns, dried beans, playdough, and empty spice shakers). Alex taught her how to say robot and make the corresponding arm movements (hilarious!) She enjoys coloring on her easel with dry erase markers and is starting to show an interest in playdough. We read several books at least once or twice a day - FISH books are the favorites now! We play five little monkeys jumping on the bed with some stuffed monkeys (and an energetic Ruby jumping on the bed). She loves beeing outside, going for walks, and to the playground. She is getting to where she really recognizes her buddies at all of our playdates and if I ask if she wants to see her friends she says 'friends' and gets really excited.

Every day I'm soooo grateful that I'm able to stay home with Ruby. We have so much fun together and I treasure all the little moments as much as the big milestones. I look forward to getting her up in the morning and seeing what kinds of adventures we will have that day.

I am much more confident as a mother now. I whistle more, I smile more, I'm silly more and I can almost feel my eyes sparkling with pride everytime I look at my daughter. Love you Ruby.

Contributors