Nowadays she is getting more and more interactive and entertaining. I sing to her a lot and she has started participating with a few key words: eee-i-ee-i-o when we sing old Macdonald, and the latest word is 'wheel' when we sing the wheels on the bus go round and round. When we visited my parents a few weeks ago, my mom got Ruby hooked on playing patty cake and now Ruby claps every time I start singing it. At storytime when we sing 'if you are happy and you know it...' she wants to clap then too. When we sing 'five little monkeys jumping on the bed...' she knows how to make that pointing finger gesture when I sing the part, 'no more monkeys jumping on the bed.'
I'm not one of those people who cares which sounds are more/less difficult to say or how many words she knows by x number of months. I'm just proud that she is exploring sounds and words and is learning how to express herself. I love to hear her babbling and finding out which sounds she likes to make, and seeing what she'll surprise me with next.