Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Years Eve

I was so looking forward to New Years Eve. Annette and Sakari had invited us over for fondue at their place. But...Ruby was feeling unwell for most of the day, had stopped eating normally, was very lothargic, coughing and then started running a high temperature. So, we cancelled our plans and because the pediatrician was closed, we went to an after hours clinic to see what was wrong with Ruby. She had two ear infections and a respiratory infection, and so got an antibiotic. I'm sure she just felt awful and it was horrible that there wasn't much we could do to make her feel better. That night was the worst sleep Alex and I have had since she was born. I think having a sick baby is almost harder than having a newborn baby!

Here's Ruby enjoying the bed paper at the clinic...you would hardly even know she was sick then, as she was in heaven tearing it apart!



And then looking droopy on New Years Day...

Contributors